Friday, October 8, 2010

Narrative of Experience(sample)


Narrative of Experience
           
            Attending to integration programs, especially in religious education, interest me though in a non-Catholic. It provides me with great experiences which affects other people lives and teaches me of lessons that no other could do aside from experience.

            In this RE 107 which talks about liturgy and sacraments, we have inserted in our schedules to attend masses daily in the SMC Chapel. It’s not usual to me since I’m not Catholic. But despite of it, still it was good because of the learning and realizations that I’ve got.

            Among the experiences the experiences that I have are to cut letters of the alphabet to be used as caption and inserting them in the chapel, to type lyrics of their songs and project it during mass, to buy fruits and others and offer them and to be a member of the choir. I find it hard to type their songs and responses since I’m not really familiar to it, especially in the sequence of their liturgy. I usually sing in our church but during the culmination part of the integration program, I “accidentally” (because I’m sitting beside the choir for the projector) became a part of the choir and it’s a shame on me due to the fact that I don’t know their songs and we have no practice.
           
            Even these are just simple things, I am happy that I’ve been part of it. It does not make me a “catholic” one but rather helps me understand how it is to be a real catholic. Through these activities, I can be more active in our church in spreading the Gospel to all. 


C B. E

No comments:

Post a Comment